Here are my progress updates from the past week:
Last Week's Goals:
- Outline ending chapters for SUNSET SUMMER - Complete, and they aren't just outlined, they are written!
- Write 2-4 new chapters - Complete (see above)
- Plan out next draft issues, factors to add in, etc. - Started, but not a complete list
- Complete A to Z blog posts for April - Complete
I have this tendency to start revising a draft before I have an ending, so I'm very glad I have an ending to work with. When wrapping up all the character arcs and plot points, I identified which areas need further developing. Still, writing The End was very satisfying!
This Week's Goals:
- Create a checklist for next draft revision of SUNSET SUMMER
- Work on first two items in revision list
- Write a synopsis for agent on SUNSET SUMMER
- Read a critique partner's manuscript
- Read and score 2 submissions for YA-RWA's Rosemary Contest
This checklist approach for revision is a new one for me. I see other writers do that so I figured I'd try it. I usually just go back to chapter one and start reading through again, but I want to be more targeted with my approach. I'm excited for a new batch of contest entries, and for The Rosemary, these are all YA (where as for the Golden Heart I had non-YA romance entries to read and judge) plus we get to provide feedback, which I like doing and I learn so much.
For the rest of you in spring bootcamp, how are you doing?