Good morning! The YA Buccaneers are hosting a motivation bootcamp from March - May for writers who need motivation and accountability.
Here are my progress updates from the past week:
- Read a critique partner's manuscript -- complete
- Read and score 2 submissions for YA-RWA's Rosemary Contest -- completed 3
- Read submissions for this week's in-person critique group, added notes
- I did not complete my revision checklist, however I readied a submission of my WIP for critique.
- I brainstormed titles for the MS with my agent. I did some tweaking of that MS, mostly to the ending so that the language may more closely reflect one of the titles. (Also, I suck at coming up with titles). The other changes were inspired by a workshop I listened to about showing vs. telling, and ditching cliche character reactions like hearts pounding and leaping. :)
This Week's Goals
- Agent feedback: more work on AMELIA. I plan to first make a list of what needs to be done and start with the easy stuff. It's only for the last section of the book but some of it is substantial
- Focus most energy on AMELIA to get it back to agent ASAP
- Critique group: use group to streamline title ideas, and for assistance on my AMELIA revision. I'm meeting with one of my critique partners early to go over stuff
- Read and score 2 more YARWA entries (I have a total of 13 to judge by end of May)