We will share goals on Mondays. You can sign up at any of the host blogs (Jaime, Alison, Katy, Erin). Don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants!
Last week's goals:
- ALL FOCUS ON THE PROJECT THAT NEEDS ALL MY ATTENTION.
What kept me going: all of your support. Checking in. Determination. RWA's RITA and Golden Heart awards--those writers didn't give up. Laura Drake, this year's RITA winner for best first book, has been working toward publication for almost 15 years. I really hope it doesn't take that long for me, but her determination is inspiring.
Another bright spot: I received my writer's care package from Erin & the Ready Set Write crew! This meant so much to me, thank you again.
This week's goals:
- Finish my edits
- If I'm lucky, add some more plot brainstorming to the Camp Nanowrimo project I've mostly abandoned this month :/ (I managed to write a few random scenes which I think helped me get back in the swing with my revision edits).
- An antagonist in my story sends a message to my main character that karma's a bitch. Only she spells karma with a C, which fits her personality.
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- There is no one right way to write a story. I wish there was sometimes.
- The voice and characters. My critique group, bless them, pointed out some of my edits had lost the voice. That means the voice IS strong in the story, and I need to watch for those lulls and where I compressed scenes to make sure the voice isn't also compressed.