We will share goals on Mondays. You can sign up at any of the host blogs (Jaime, Alison, Katy, Erin). Don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants!
First of all, welcome to my new site design! Thanks goes to Sweetie Baby's Designs for revamping my style. And additional thanks to Leah Simonek Photography for the headshots (another new pic in the About Me page link above).
Last week's goals:
- Revise 4-6 more chapters of PROJECT THAT NEEDS ALL MY ATTENTION! Yes, about 4 full chapters, but tons of other micro edits that shape this as a stronger story.
- Read through critique group submissions.Complete
- Incorporate feedback from critique group Complete (thankful for their comments!)
- Critique the query and first page I received as a Pitch Wars mentor Complete--check out Brenda Drake's blog this Wednesday for my post
Goals for this week:
- ALL FOCUS ON THE PROJECT THAT NEEDS ALL MY ATTENTION. These edits need to be done. This is my only writing focus. Re-shape the remaining chapters for consistency with the new edits. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not headed to RWA nationals this week. I'm home writing (and working). My free time will be spent revising.
One phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
- The word "it." No, really. The whole dang manuscript. I've identified a bad writing habit and now know when and when not to use this filler word.
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Which existing scenes work, which do not. How to re-shape them into the best story.
Something I love about my WIP:
- My character, the "hero," Liam. Everybody loves Liam. My goal right now is to Add More Liam. But still keep Liam awesome.
All right, writers. How did you do on your goals?