We will share goals on Mondays. You can sign up at any of the host blogs (Jaime, Alison, Katy, Erin). Don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants!
Last week's goals:
- Tackle re-organization and edits for a different manuscript. I would like to re-craft previously edited-out scenes to add back into the novel (fun, huh?) and check for overall flow and themes related to specific feedback. STARTED AND SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS MADE!
- Provide feedback on another writer's manuscript excerpt COMPLETE
- Finish reading 2 current books and start/finish another over the long weekend FINISHED ONE BOOK, READ ANOTHER (Nantucket Blue, so good!), STARTED NEW BOOK
- Work through several more chapters of edits. Write one new scene.
- Prep a chapter submission for critique group next week
- Possibly spend an hour or so plotting Camp Nano novel (the plotting is part of my goal)
- Finish reading the book I started this weekend
- Have fun with high school and college friends I'll see this coming weekend!
- Start strong with the exercise and healthy eating challenge I'm doing with my fitness coach friend
- Re-organizing my current project. It's not a full rewrite, it's tweaking and adding back some of what was cut. All of it has a domino effect, so I need to be mindful of every change, that it flows with the rest of the story. Which leads me to this conclusion: any form of rewriting, small or large, is still a lot of work.