For February I reached most of my specific goals BUT I did not finish my revision as I had hoped. (It might have been ambitious to think I would, but oh well.)
Here are my original goals:
Read and score all of my Golden Heart judging entries (I need to do this!).
Get through draft 2 of Nano novel SUNSET SUMMER. Write an ending.
- Organize notes for draft 3 for a targeted approach at changes (draft 2 is not very organized!).
Submit next chapter of SUNSET SUMMER for critique group; work in changes.
Potentially work in updates to AMELIA (which Agent currently has).
I did not get my goals accomplished for SUNSET SUMMER (Nano novel 2013) because my agent provided notes on my other project (working title: AMELIA).
Next set of goals:
- Cut first chapter (!); make sure Ch. 2 works as opener. Edit opening two chapters based on notes from my Opening Scenes course.
- Work in the other proposed changes; expanding some scenes, cutting others.
- Re-organize the pacing of the novel.
- Reduce overall word count by 6-7k words; first step is to review structure of novel and cut or reduce length of scenes toward end of book. Closer edit:, reduce filler info, reduce secondary character subplot that take away from MC's subplot.
Thank you to Sara Biren for organizing, and to the other blog hosts: Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, and Elodie Nowodazkij