Now it's time for GOALS and CHECK IN!
Hi everyone! I've been MIA the past month for RSW because of Pitch Wars and other stuff. I've still been writing and keeping up with goals, but glad to be back!
Progress on summer goals:
- I'm about 26k into my new WIP. I'm having fun writing it, and so far my critique group loved the first chapter. That's always nerve wracking to share a new project
- Edits for my other WIP are COMPLETE and the wheels are turning.
- I attended Chicago's comic con Wizard World which just may be considered research for my WIP ... :D Bottom right corner is a Firefly panel with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Summer Glau. Super fun to see them in person! (my pic is of the big screen since we were rather far back).
Goals for this week:
- Choose a manuscript for Pitch Wars! I cannot tell you how hard this is. Valerie Cole and I are determining which writer we can help most for the two months before the agent round. These are decisions you don't ever want to make. One manuscript isn't better than the other, and no one person is more deserving. We just need to pick one. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying reading over the material sent to us.
- Add 5-8k to current WIP
- Read or finish a book already in progress
Also this week:
A signing event at my local indie for romance author Kristan Higgins (who I love!) and special guest Sonali Dev, a writer in my RWA chapter who's had success with her debut The Bollywood Affair, and her second novel comes out this fall: The Bollywood Bride. This should be fun :)
Make sure to stop by the other blogs! Let me know how your week is going.