Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. All the details are HERE. Also check out #RSWrite on twitter.
Now it's time for GOALS and CHECK IN!
- Make it at least 2/3 of the way through my edit checklist. Ideally, I'd like to finish edits, but I want to be realistic! YES! I hit every bullet point on my list, though there's still work to do and loose ends to tie up. Saturday afternoon and evening I blocked off for edits and it was sloowww going. But progress.
- Submit my critique chapter, read critiques prior to meeting Wednesday YES. We had a spirited and very productive critique meeting.
- Submit Spring Fling proposal YES! This required more work than I expected. I literally made myself get everything together--panelist bios, pics, wrote up an agenda, clicked submit. Whew!
- Get a jump on packing for RWA National Conference next week in NYC! Sort of. I had one of those nothing is going right experiences. I realized my RWA conference awards dress is a mislabeled petite gown (I'm 5'8"). I managed to track down a returned dress with my size at Macy's (none of the stores carry it, it's online only for some reason). It's now being altered for me by the tailor at my cleaners. That same day a purple pen leaked in my purse which is still spreading purple love.... I bought the wrong prepaid shipping box to take with me to the RWA conference. I've never returned anything to the post office before, but here goes. Also we just got a letter from our homeowner's association that we need to replace the wood frame around our door basically immediately or we're fined. Ughh. But today is a new day!
- Gym 3 days, other exercise 1-2 days. YES to gym, no to other exercise on off days.