This is the last check in for the YA Buccaneers Spring Writing Bootcamp!
This has been really great to keep me goal-oriented and motivated. Even when I didn't post a blog update for the week, I was still working on meeting my writing goals. Thanks to everyone who has been such a support!
To everyone who signed up, congratulate yourself on meeting ANY of your goals. Think of how many people say they want to write a book and never do. That to me is inspiring--we're working toward finishing books every day, every week. Be proud.
Goals from last week:
- Completed writing course assignments (Margie Lawson online writing course)
- Completed judging and critiquing all of my assigned YA-RWA Rosemary contest entries. The last 3 I read were really great with the very last one being the best I'd read for the contest. Inspiring!
- Completed revision of opening 2-3 chapters of WIP
- Completed an outline of WIP to tackle my revision (this was huge! I hate outlines, but this really helped, especially with color-highlighted subplots to visually see where I need to add or remove).
Goals for this week:
- Ambitious, but I would love to get through the changes I tagged in my outline and send to a few readers. I have a vacation planned in a week and it will be the perfect break. That's going to be my only goal--get through the outline!
Overall Spring Bootcamp goals:
- Complete revision of WIP (YA contemporary) -- Complete!
- Complete 2nd draft of YA contemporary written during NaNoWriMo 2013 -- I'm close! I consider this a success b/c I have an ending, I worked out plot issues, and made a revision outline.
- Write synopsis and send synopsis to agent for review. --Not yet (but soon).
- Send SUNSET SUMMER to readers. -- Goal to do this by next week. My in-person critique group has been working with me on the first half & I sent the revised first chapter which went over well.
- Potentially work on an outline and character development for a new project. --I have rough notes for a potential new YA Contemporary which I may do Camp Nanowrimo in July to fast draft.
- I'm going to add one here: I had a call with my agent on another project, and now I have a little more direction on to work on revisions. So I have lots ahead for me this summer!
Thanks to everyone in the challenge. Let's keep each other motivated through the summer :)